Our tournaments are less ‘sweat-dripping, heart-pounding PGA finals’ and more ‘let’s all have a laugh and maybe hit a ball straight’. Rather than putting on the pressures of competitive play, we’re all about you getting your moment in the sun. Every hole’s a new chance to be a legend, even if it’s just for a minute. So come, give it a swing, and shine on you crazy golfer!
Format Individual Stroke Play Skins
Grouping: Players will be grouped into foursomes.
Tee Box: Players should use the tee box appropriate to their age/gender.
Scoring: This format emphasizes individual performance on each hole rather than a cumulative score.
Skins Accumulation: If a player wins a hole within their foursome, they earn a “skin”. The player with the most skins at the end of 18 holes represents their group in the “Surprise Playoff Challenge”.
Surprise Playoff Challenge: If the representing player wins the challenge, (Par 3 KP, 20′ Pitch KP, Elimination Putt, LD, etc.) all four members of their original group win and receive tickets to the bi-annual “Champions Invitational”.
Food & Drink: We try our hardest to get you fed with a drink at every golf event!
All Games players receive a branded ball at the start of the event. Branded balls must be used on contest holes to qualify for that particular contest. If you lose your ball…well, that’s it for the rest of the on-course contests! Hopefully, your team had a good laugh watching you shank that ball OB.
(Extra) Guardian GrabBag ($20): (2) on-course mulligans, (5) Patriot Putt raffle tickets, and (2) extra branded balls
Patriot Putt: A single 10′ elimination putt with a prize of $250. (5 drawn raffle tickets)
Progressive Putt: Sequential putts from 10′, 20′, and 50′ with a prize of $500+.
(12) On-Course Games: 3 KPs, 3 LDs, 3 GIRs, 3 FIRs (all with prizes)
Membership Benefits ($19/Mo)
Games (Free): 3 KPs, 3 LDs, 3 FIRs, 3 GIRs, Patriot Putt, Progressive Putt, surprise playoff challenge, lunch & drink, one raffle ticket, one branded ball
Games ($65 or $19/Mo): All membership benefits
Lighthearted Rules for Our Anything-but-Typical Golf Tournament:
All participants are urged to play with sportsmanship, respect, and the intent of fostering community and camaraderie. Let’s make every tournament memorable!
1. Dress Code: While we appreciate your love for neon, let’s keep it golf-appropriate. Think less disco party, more casual golf chic. No denim – unless you can convince us it’s from the latest golf fashion week.
2. Check-In: Be there or be square! Please arrive 30 minutes before your tee time. Fashionably late only works at cocktail parties, not here.
3. Weather Policy: If Mother Nature decides to throw a party, we’ll decide whether to join in or rain-check. Umbrellas: for rain, not sun-tanning.
4. Code of Conduct: Be cool, play fair, respect everyone, and remember – it’s just a game! Unsportsmanlike behavior will earn you a time-out. And no one wants that.
5. Pace of Play: We’re all for deep-life discussions, but maybe save them for after the game? Keep the ball rolling, quite literally.
6. Ball Marks & Divots: Treat the course like your living room. Would you leave a mess there? (Don’t answer if you’re a teenager.)
7. Local Rules: Every place has its quirks. We’ll hand you the low-down on our course’s idiosyncrasies on game day. If we’re adopting any unique course rules for the day, you’ll be notified before the event starts.
8. Rulings: Got an issue? Our tournament committee, a.k.a. the Guardian Golf Supreme Court, will have the final say. They wear robes and everything. (Not really.)
19. Cancellation: Ghosting isn’t cool in dating or golf. If you can’t make it, let us know 48 hours in advance.
10. Mobile Devices: Set them to silent. But if your ringtone is bird chirping, we might just let it slide. (Please be bird chirping.)
11. Safety: Check twice before you swing. Unless you’re playing a game of “Whack-a-Mole,” there shouldn’t be any surprises.
12. Photography: Smile! You might just become our next poster child. And by that, we mean you’ll be on our social media.
13. Branded Balls: Guardian-branded balls must be used to participate in the on-course contests (KPs, LDs, GIRs, FIRs). If a friend loses their ball, feel free to give them one if you have an extra!
14. Contest Winnings: Guardian Community reserves the right to change contest winnings at any time. We are, after all, a non-profit! Sometimes we have to make some last-minute changes! We promise to only do this when you win big – just kidding, maybe.
15. Feedback: Loved it? Hated it? Tell us! We have thick skins, a passion for improvement, and a slight fear of negative reviews.